Pages

Sunday 24 December 2017

Christmas at Sunday Stamps

I've discovered that I have Christmas stamps from over 15 countries, but don't worry I'll not show them all - just follow the A-Z theme.

Where better to start with Australia and an island which was named on Christmas Day 1643.

Christmas Island - Australia 
Each year I get Christmas greetings from a friend and former colleague who lives in Denmark. She never forgets to add a Christmas seal to the envelope with her card.


The stamp that accompanied this seal shows the public library and cultural centre at the European Capital of Culture in 2017.

Aarhus - Denmark
For a more traditional Christmas we turn this week to 'Z' - where else could it be but - 



For more Christmas scenes stop your sleigh at Sunday-Stamps-II-158. and visit the links that you see there - join in with the surfing Santa.

Merry Christmas to all participants and to all those who visit and read our posts at Christmas and throughout the year.


6 comments:

Joy said...

Those shepherds aren't dressed for winter:) I love the tradition of Christmas Seals, I like how those make a whole Christmas scene.

FinnBadger said...

Quite a few Christmas Island stamps on display this week. Thanks for all the great stamps you've shown today. I love the Danish Christmas seal series - you were sent a fun selection.

Heleen said...

Beautiful stamps, and such a nice idea to add them into the A to Z theme!

violet s said...

I'm a little surprised that even in Zambia, Mary and Jesus are white.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

Wishing you the very Merriest of Christmases

Mail Adventures said...

All beautiful, and all new for me, except the Christmas seals from Denmark. I have got two of them, too.